Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum  

Go Back   Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum > Bristol Forums > 6 cyl Bristol cars

6 cyl Bristol cars Type 400 to 406 - restoration, repair, maintenance etc

Bristol 403 (PNK403)

Old 28-09-20, 08:06 PM

Default Bristol 403 (PNK403)

Hi all, I have owned a 1953 green Bristol 403 (Reg: PNK 403) since the early eighties. It has sat in a garage for over thirty years. I have realised over recent months that I do not have the time and skills to restore this beautiful car to the condition it deserves to be. It is with reluctance that I have decided to move the car on to someone who has the time and skills.
The car is a rolling shell, it has no engine or gearbox and one of the square dials is missing. It would make an ideal car for a Nut and Bolt restoration, all the panels are in tact but there is some corrosion and the paint is flaking in places.
Could anyone give me an indication to the rough value of the car as it stands, I have no idea, would any one be interested from the forum in buying the car.
It currently is sitting in a garage close to Ipswich in Suffolk, any advice on the value and who is likely to want it would be most welcome, Many thanks
Old 28-09-20, 09:01 PM

Well I would be very interested, but have no idea of value, will keep an eye on this.
Old 07-10-20, 11:16 AM

I purchased my rolling 401 shell on e-bay. It was much like yours in so much that the previous owner bought the car as project and gave up. It was also missing an engine and gearbox.
Projects such as these are not for the faint hearted, dreamers or those who do not have a healthy bank balance.
Many people who start restoring these cars soon realise that spares are difficult to come by and a donor vehicle is a good alternative.
My suggestion would be to put it on eBay and set a reserve that you would be happy with.
Best of luck
George
Old 08-10-20, 09:14 AM

Hi
Sent you PM....regarding your Bristol project.