Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum  

Go Back   Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum > Bristol Forums > Wanted - anything Bristol car related

Wanted 57 Arnold-Bristol Brake parts

Old 02-09-11, 02:07 AM

Default Wanted 57 Arnold-Bristol Brake parts

I am looking for the following parts for 1957 Arnolt Bristol Delux:
1. Cast brake drum- front
2. Brake shoe retaining springs (holds shoe to backing plate) I need all four springs.
I can be contacted at 1-607-625-5766
Old 02-09-11, 02:15 PM
Banned

Default Parts for an Arnolt Bristol

First, I am assuming that you intend to keep the car original. At that juncture, you will need to talk to fellow owners who have had the same experience. Most parts on the chassis were the same as the cars from that era, but brake return springs are generic items and it is just a matter of matching some up with a sympathetic parts person who will take the time to work with you. As to drums, that is going to be a challenge. You do know that the Arnolt people are still involved in Bristols. The firm used to be called SH Arnolt, but you can find them through the American Bristol site.
Old 02-09-11, 04:02 PM

Default 57 Arnolt Bristol Brake Parts

Ron:

Thank you for the reply.... and yes you assume correctly that I want to keep this as close to original as possible. This unit only has 12,000 original miles but has sat long enough that the brake cylinders have corroded to the point that they will not release. I was able to get the drums off but found that the shoe retaining springs were broken at the hook. The one drum that I would like to replace is probably salvageable.... but if I could find a good replacement I would do that. I have promised the owner that I would do everything to keep it as it was when new. This is a one owner vehicle and it is in good to excellent condition. It has nearly all its original parts and it would be a sin not to keep it that way.
Thank you for the suggestion to look at the Bristol site, I will do that as soon as I finish this email. Thanks again for your reply and great suggestons
Old 04-09-11, 08:07 PM

Default Brake Drums

Sebert Motors is showing that they have made brake drums for the Arnolt. Unless you are wanting strictly original parts I would check these out. Sebert Motor Car Company- Brake Drums

I can't remember who all the Arnolt owners are by their forum names, but we are trying to keep up with the owners and their cars. I would appreciate if you would contact me by email with your ownership information

regards,

John (john.simmons456@gmail.com)
Old 04-09-11, 10:30 PM

Ron:

Thank you for your response. (I am not sure if you received my response so I am sending it again just in case) Yes, I intend to keep this unit as close to original as possible. I am not the owner of the car who is not able to do the repairs necessary to make this car road worthy. I am a purist having restored other vintage vehicles to their original factory specifications and I feel that it would be a sin not to keep this one as close to 100 points as possible. Again thank you for your reply.