Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum  

Go Back   Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum > Bristol Forums > Wanted - anything Bristol car related

411 or 412 switches.

Old 24-04-20, 08:40 AM

Default 411 or 412 switches.

Looking for any or all of the facia switches for my 412. If anyone knows the Lucas part numbers that too would be a great help. Thanks. Jim.
Old 24-04-20, 01:04 PM

Whilst I don't know the numbers of the switches they are the same as the Jensen interceptor Mk III although the labelling may be different. I have tried Bristol Cars in the past but even without their current troubles they were not able to help. Suggest you ask in the Jensen Owners' Club forum https://www.joc.org.uk/forum/index.php which is free to access. There you will see various suppliers referred to like Appleyard (0115-932-5320) or Rejen etc who may be able to help.
Old 24-04-20, 10:13 PM

Thanks ever so much for the lead. I’ll try it out.
Old 25-04-20, 04:11 PM

Something that might be worth considering, is to go down the same route as Simon Draper did with his first Blenheim and change it all over to Rolls Royce switch gear, I only dipped my toe in this by getting some second hand Silver Shadow cigarette lighter inserts to replace the ones on the 410 I had then, the 411 and the 603, their heavy chromed metal finish is much nicer than the original. Rolls Royce and Bentley switch gear looks much nicer than the stuff Bristol used and mostly operates with a smooth tactile feel to it missing on cheaper switch gear. Plenty available from several Rolls salvage dealers such as Flying Spares or Westminster Autos.
Another nice upgrade for cars with the MG/Marina style interior door handles are the special ones sold by the MG Hive for the MGB , they have chromed metal rather than plastic pull handles and look and feel much better than the originals.
Geoff.