Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum  

Go Back   Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum > Bristol Forums > For Sale - Cars, Parts & Automobilia (Bristol related only)

New bumpers from 401 to 603 S2

Old 19-07-12, 12:33 PM

Default New bumpers from 401 to 603 S2

Using my contacts in the metals business ( Bentley Audi bumpers ) I have had new tooling made to manufacture Bristol bumpers in high grade polished stainless steel.

All models from 401 to 603 S2 are available and I have test fitted them all first. Please let me know by PM if of interest.

They have a life time guarantee and look as least as good as OEM ! They are sold in pairs for front an rear.

The attached image shows the reinforced over rider and blades for the 401 / 403 ( reinforced for towing ! ) Images of bumpers for other models to follow when I get the time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 401bumper.jpg (176.4 KB, 78 views)
Old 19-07-12, 12:51 PM

Default bumpers

Dear Greg

Kindly advise pricing with VAT for 603 bumpers.

regards

John
Old 19-07-12, 01:04 PM

Also new badges for 2 litre and Avon wheels available -- perfect and exact replica's for the 2 Litre and vinyl replica for the Avon Wheels.

PM if interested.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Displaybox (1).jpg (67.0 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg AvonWheel.jpg (73.7 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg New Avon.jpg (55.1 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by GREG; 20-07-12 at 11:36 AM.
Old 19-07-12, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rolfs View Post
Dear Greg

Kindly advise pricing with VAT for 603 bumpers.

regards

John
Okay - see private message
Old 19-07-12, 02:04 PM

Default Bumpers

Dear Greg

I would be interested, subject to cost of course, in new bumpers for my 411 Series 1. Existing ones servicable, but need rechroming, which I think can be a bit of a hit-and-miss business.

Nigel
Old 19-07-12, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigel View Post
Dear Greg

I would be interested, subject to cost of course, in new bumpers for my 411 Series 1. Existing ones servicable, but need rechroming, which I think can be a bit of a hit-and-miss business.

Nigel
Nigel,

You are right about re chroming being "hit and miss" ! even with good "triple chroming " , it can only deal with so much corrosion and neglect before you are back to square one. Also the cost is around the same as good quality chroming for new SS bumpers with a manufacturers lifetime anti corrosion guarantee !

I will Private Message you details and email my S1 pictures with new bumpers. Please PM your email address to send pictures.

Thanks for the interest

Greg
Old 19-07-12, 06:37 PM

Hi,

I have a a 406 what's cost for front and back

thanks
Old 19-07-12, 07:47 PM

Not sure on 406 yet - I will send you a private message for with and without over riders.

Thanks

Greg
Old 20-07-12, 10:03 AM

Default New bumpers from 401 to 603 S2

Greg,
I am interested in a set for a 411 S3, 410 and at least one of my 401/403's though perhaps not all at once!
Can you send me further details.
Thanks,
Geoff.
Old 20-07-12, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Kingston View Post
Greg,
I am interested in a set for a 411 S3, 410 and at least one of my 401/403's though perhaps not all at once!
Can you send me further details.
Thanks,
Geoff.
Thanks for the interest Geoff - I guessed a few people would need them, but there has been more interest than expected !

I guess the bumpers on my 411 S1 are the only part I can say that is better than a 411 S6 :-)

I hope you like the USA spec rear indicator lenses ! The MOT man doesn't seem to mind and I think they look good with the silver metallic.

Greg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo (22).JPG (92.1 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg photo (23).jpg (60.1 KB, 46 views)

Last edited by GREG; 20-07-12 at 10:16 PM.
Old 28-08-12, 12:26 AM

Thanks to a generous Bristol 400 owner , I now have a good set of original bumpers to create the tooling for the later 400 bumpers in stainless steel. I would guess that these will be available in around 10 to 12 weeks , following prototypes and trial fitting.

A reasonably good set of 405 bumpers would be a big help if anyone can spare them for tooling purposes ? -- corrosion is not a problem

Thanks again to all that have ordered / purchased bumpers so far and the encouraging comments regarding the high quality, looks and fit ( good to know the no compromise approach paid off ! ). The next batch will be delivered in around 7 weeks, so if anyone wants to reserve / order a set of new 400 to 603 S2 bumpers, please let me know as soon as possible.

So far , I have only had a couple of enquiries from the U.S.A. and one for Australasia -- I guess this could be down to the amount of salt thrown on the roads in the U.K. that the British government use to keep the car industry moving by destroying our cars ! :-)

I am also having some of the stainless steel coachwork / body strips re made for my 411 - let me know if anyone else needs some. Or if another source is available.

Many thanks

Greg Lowe
Old 28-08-12, 12:43 AM

Default 411/ V8 tyres

On another matter, my favourite tyre for the 411 ( Pirelli P4000 ), now seems to be unavailable and the other sizes available are wrong. Does anyone have a source for a quality 205 to 215 tyres at a full aspect ratio ?

Or is it something that needs looking into for people that want the cars as original as possible ?.

Maybe something that Jag owners are aware of due to the shared wheel and tyre sizes ?

I just prefer the look of the original steel wheel with the narrower tyre.

Unlike Stainless Steel bumper manufacturing ( 30 plus years in metals business ), I know nothing about tyre production or the tooling costs involved.

Last edited by GREG; 28-08-12 at 12:50 AM.
Old 18-10-12, 01:12 PM

Default Badges for 2-litre cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREG View Post
Also new badges for 2 litre and Avon wheels available -- perfect and exact replica's for the 2 Litre and vinyl replica for the Avon Wheels.
PM if interested.
I have just received some of these splendid badges to replace the rather shabby ones on my 405. The quality is excellent and I can really recommend them. So if you are looking for that elusive Christmas present for yourself, contact Greg Lowe and treat yourself!

Richard
Old 18-10-12, 07:55 PM

Wow ! Thank you Richard , I really appreciate that.

If anyone has a few more pennies left for Christmas I have also had a new batch of bumpers arrive at the polishers that will be ready to send out within the next two weeks.

Most are sold / made to order but I had a couple extra made of every model for stock.

Thank's again for the support on this :-)

They are perfect and compared to even the top chrome finish it's a no brainer
Old 18-10-12, 08:27 PM

And next I am having a small batch of the 6 cylinder head spanners made -- let me know if of interest to anyone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg headspanner.jpg (91.6 KB, 49 views)
Old 19-10-12, 01:30 PM

Hello Greg,

Can you please add me to the list for a 6 cylinder head spanner. Also are the badges for 6 cylinder cars those for the grille and boot lid or for the hubcap centres?

Can you please let me know prices when available via pm.

Kind Regards

Jon McCarthy
Old 21-12-12, 12:02 AM

Default Over riders and head spanners

Greg,
I am interested
in a head spanner so add me to the list.
Also do you have over riders for a 401 still?

John H

Last edited by healey jm; 21-12-12 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake
Old 21-12-12, 11:05 AM

Hi John,

I have just received new stock of all the bumpers except the 400 -- the 400 bumpers for the second series will be with me late January, and Brabazon now have the bar type for early 400.

Please email me direct to loweg312@gmail,com

I wasn't happy with the first lot of 400 head spanners but will hopefully have a good batch early next year.

The 401 / 403 over riders are sold with the blades

Thanks for the interest

Greg

P.S. the 411 bumpers are selling fast, so please let me know if anyone wants to treat their car to a sparkling new set for Christmas ( that will last forever ! ) They really are the icing on the cake..

And of course thanks to Kevin for administrating and running the best Bristol forum for another year ! Wishing a great Christmas and a fantastic New Year for all the Bristol owners -- hopefully the economy will have made a complete recovery and we will all be able to fix our cars to Concour standard ! :-)
Old 20-01-13, 12:52 PM

Bristol 400 bumpers and over riders are now ready in highly polished stainless steel

Let me know if a set is needed
Old 23-01-13, 09:49 AM

See image of SS 400 bumpers and over riders in 6 cylinder section