Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum  

Go Back   Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum > Bristol Forums > For Sale - Cars, Parts & Automobilia (Bristol related only)

Several cars for sale.

Old 13-10-19, 10:05 PM

Default Several cars for sale.

403, 411, possibly up to three 401's, two R Type Bentleys and possibly an S2 Bentley, some need a fair bit of work, some are use and improve and others need very little. Four of them are currently on the road.
I have too many cars and too little time and will consider swaps or part exchanges but only Bristol or Bentley.
I also have and am also currently using a 603 and a Bentley Brooklands I don't really want to part with them but for the right car I might include them in a deal.
Ideally I need to halve the number of vehicles I have especially as an old foot injury plays up from time to time making driving the manual cars sometimes painful sometimes impossible, I would be interested in a good replica Vintage Bentley based on a MK Vi or R Type or a 30's style special, even better if automatic.
I would like to swap the 403 for a later V8 Bristol.

Last edited by Geoff Kingston; 14-10-19 at 11:04 AM.
Old 17-06-20, 04:26 AM

Hi
Do you have any Bristol 401/403 cars still available or any parts for these cars.
Old 20-06-20, 06:27 PM

Hi
Both the 403 and 411 have recently sold via carandclassic leaving me with the three 401, two of which we are currently working on, not sure if I want to sell the third as it was originally LHD and this winter I want to get it back to that layout. If you send me your contact details by private message I can let you know if one of these cars becomes available. I have no spares available for any of the cars sorry.
Geoff.
Old 20-06-20, 08:48 PM

Hi
Thanks for the reply, I have been offered a 401 project, a stripped shell and maybe lots of boxes of parts. I do know the cylinder head is missing. I think the obvious approach Is to make sure the car is complete even though in boxes. If you have any advice regarding parts I should check for.....please share.
Old 20-06-20, 10:05 PM

Best advice I can give you if you buy this is to purchase another complete 401 with a terminally rotted chassis for spares even if it has been robbed of its engine and gearbox, it will save you a huge amount of money , but get one intact not stripped.
I might actually have a cylinder head available but it is a last resort job, it is an 85A head repaired before I bought the car it came with, machined badly and now with my engineer who is aiming to get it into a usable condition but only with a head saver plate or custom made gasket.
If this is your first Bristol take someone with you who knows the cars well to view it, if you have never dismantled one you could miss so much that is vital, not just in terms of mechanical parts but fittings and trim and instruments which can cost an arm and a leg to source, e.g pair sunvisors to restore £300+ if you are lucky, £500+ in PWO.