Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum  

Go Back   Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum > Bristol Forums > For Sale - Cars, Parts & Automobilia (Bristol related only)

!953 403 For Sale

Old 20-06-19, 07:56 PM

Default !953 403 For Sale

Finally ready for sale my friend Mikes 1953 403. Red with lovely cream leather interior and red carpets, recent clutch and service, overhauled rear brakes, new tyres and has just passed MOT, drives really well and is ready to use and enjoy.
Car presents well, is very sound but has a few cosmetic issues which are reflected in the price, ideal to use as is, conserve or improve as a good running project if that is your preference.
I have been asked to sell the car on Mikes behalf, deal with all initial enquiries and arrange inspection of the car for genuinely interested parties. I have a large number of photographs taken of the car just before Christmas and obviously more details available on request.
Obviously correct 100A engine, alfins all round, standard not remote gear lever and no retro fitted overdrive.
Mike has another 403 and other projects so this car did not get much use last year which is the only reason it is for sale.
Please note the 403 is with the owner in the west country not with me in west Wales.
At £37500 this is the cheapest usable 403 for sale anywhere at the moment and at little more than the price of a project car, not one to miss.
Geoff.

I have now been provided with an additional set of photographs of the repairs undertaken in the last month to the rear chassis extensions and the out riggers on both sides of the car, which I forgot to add to the list of work recently done.
This work was undertaken by a professional welder and appears to be to a high standard with the rust cut out, repair sections fabricated and welded in.
These are typical problem areas on the 401's and 403's so it is a real bonus that this work has just been done on the car.

Last edited by Geoff Kingston; 21-06-19 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Additional Information
Old 24-06-19, 02:13 PM

Default 1953 403 For Sale

After further discussions with the owner and in view of the recent expenditure on the car plus an opinion on value by a trade contact I am sorry to have to advise that the price of the car has been increased to £42500 which is considered a more realistic figure in the current market.This is still less than our trade contact suggested and it is still the cheapest sound usable 403 for sale at the moment, in the next few weeks it will be advertised on the open market at that figure.
Geoff.
Old 07-07-19, 11:02 PM

Car is now on carandclasic.
Geoff.

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1130650