Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum  

Go Back   Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum > Non Bristol Forums > Other topics of interest

Other topics of interest Discussions about anything else, i.e motoring, trends, politics, even the EU!

HHO Reality

Old 12-11-12, 08:55 AM

Default HHO Reality

With fuel costs going up again in the UK, I have been hearing a lot about HHO technology that I believe was developed in Australia

HYDROGEN HHO 21 PLATE DRY CELL COMPLETE STARTER KIT | eBay

Is it nonsense science, or are there any real efficiency / economy gains that can be achieved ?

My guess is that the energy needed to create the gas will negate the energy created !

My Dad used to have great ways of explaining quack science. He would say things like " It's like standing in a bucket and pulling on the handle to lift yourself up " :-) However, an economical Bristol V8 would be nice !

I suppose that with the LPG 40 mpg equivalent Blenheim 4, we have the option already ! I was in the Blenheim 4 when the economy tests were done on a few long trips and was amazed at the results and the engine performance. This was a BCL factory installed option from new, but I'm sure the people at Brabazon could do a retro fit. I would be interested to know the costs and also if a doughnut tank could be fitted in the wing bay to save robbing the boot of room ?
Old 12-11-12, 04:02 PM

Default hydrogen generator

If i understand that text correctly, this hydrogen generator will produce under 2 Litres per minutes of hydrogen. Can't see that can make much difference added to what your 2 litre or v8 sucks in per minute.