Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum  

Go Back   Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum > Non Bristol Forums > Other topics of interest

Other topics of interest Discussions about anything else, i.e motoring, trends, politics, even the EU!

what printer do you use?

Old 16-01-12, 09:46 AM

Default what printer do you use?

please suggest a good printer whether ink jet or laser. this is for home purpose use only.. i don't know which one is cheaper in terms of its ink and toner.
Old 16-01-12, 01:24 PM

Default Inkjet Printer

Hi -

I've been using a near-commercial quality Epson printer (Color 880) for 5-6 years. The availability of good aftermarket cartridges has made it economical ($5 black, $6 color).

If I had to buy another, I would buy based on the availability and cost of replacement ink/toner.

Bob
Old 16-01-12, 05:40 PM
Banned

Default Printers? Way off the subject, but here goes....

By far, the best, economical printers are the Brother brand, and can be purchased anywhere in the world. They are cheap to buy, and the performance is outstanding. You can spend much more and not get the relaibiltiy you can expect from a Brother. Why do I endorse them so? I have a desktop model right now, a laster printer, black only and it is a workhorse. I download and copy service manuals and other multi-page items all the time. The cartridges are not expenseive and last over 2500 copies, and this is not a large machine. Model is a DCP-7020, and has likely been superceded by now, but a can't-miss choice. I have had more elaborate and expensive printers, but will not go that way again. Printers are disposable, so don't spend a ton on one. Color is another matter, and my Xerox was a disaster. I found I did not do that much color work, and if you don't, by all means take you color work to a business that offers it on a disc or a zip. Good luck.
Old 27-01-12, 11:16 AM

Thanks for the advice.. I made some research and I get good reviews from EPSON printers.. I just have to decide which model.. I am also considering this HP printer.. but comments on it says that EPSOn is still better and cheaper..

HP intros new printers, cheaper inks | YugaTech | Philippines, Tech Reviews Bloginkjet

Last edited by armandjones82; 27-01-12 at 11:22 AM.
Old 29-01-12, 06:57 PM

To a certain extent the choice of printer really does depend upon what you want to do with it. Like Ronald, I use a monochrome laser printer for everyday use having printed literally tens of thousands of pages on my Apple laser which lasted nigh on 20 years and my current Lexmark which must be past its tenth birthday. The toner cartridges are much more expensive, but as they last 2,500 or 6,000 pages (depending upon capacity) this works out so much cheaper than supplies for an inkjet.

For colour I use one of those HP three-in-one objects: expensive supplies, does not do any of the three types of use particularly well with the exception of printing photographs.

George