Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum  

Go Back   Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum > Bristol Forums > Other Bristol engined cars

Other Bristol engined cars Arnolt, AC, Frazer Nash, Cooper, Lister, Lotus, Tojeiro

Arnolt-Bristol Owners List

Old 12-03-16, 09:42 PM

Default Arnolt-Bristol Owners List

The list has been updated to 11 March, 2016. It is available at:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...thkey=CNb-mOoD

If you have a problem accessing it or wish to report an error or addition, please contact me at wmw79@aol.com
Bill Watkins

Last edited by briwmw; 12-03-16 at 09:53 PM.
Old 09-08-16, 01:59 PM

Speaking for the Doran family, it should be noted that we still hold title for 404x3038 and have since 1961. I doubt this will be listed officially but this car should be considered stolen. If it had been listed as such in past registries maybe we wouldn't be in the situation we are now.
Old 29-08-16, 04:50 PM

Default Disputed Ownership

I just saw this post - I was looking for a little more info on the Arnolt-Bristol rally coming up which should get some exposure. Can't wait to see all of the cars.

But I have to ask TDoran - why would you possibly think the owner of the car your father owned would know that it is considered stolen by the family? I contributed to that article and, full disclosure, I had no idea as to the real topic until it was published. I just thought it was about Arnolt-Bristols overall.

I am no fan of the owner (no offense owner) but I don't see how you could possibly think he knew about the history of the car.
Old 29-08-16, 10:06 PM

In the one and only phone conversation I had with this "owner" he admitted that he knew the history of my dad's car but said it was just a story. He claimed that he had checked with a friend of his that worked for Chinetti Motors and he told him there was never an AB there. In the Passionatspeed.blogspot.com article he completely reversed himself on the Chinetti connection. Our family has made it well known that the car was stolen. It was the topic of much discussion at Lime Rock in 87. Several people with knowledge of AB history told me they advised him not to buy the car because of the title issue. Feel free to contact me anytime for more details. Thanks for your interest.
Old 01-09-16, 11:49 AM

Default Stolen AB

Well I find it hard to believe a broker would buy a car that is believed to be stolen. That would be career suicide.
Old 01-09-16, 01:09 PM

He either bought it on purpose knowing it's history or didn't do his homework. Make your own conclusion. I think it's a but of both. You say you're no fan, then do some digging of your own. You all are welcome to come see the information I have on 3038.