Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum  

Go Back   Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum > Bristol Forums > Other Bristol engined cars

Other Bristol engined cars Arnolt, AC, Frazer Nash, Cooper, Lister, Lotus, Tojeiro

Arnolt Bristol ID Tag

Old 11-02-19, 10:10 PM

Default Arnolt Bristol ID Tag

Hello everyone! I'm restoring an Arnolt Bristol for a customer. There is one piece that is missing that I'm afraid is unobtainable. The car is missing the large ID tag that has the chassis number, engine number, interior color, paint color, etc. If someone knows of a source, or knows of someone who has reproduced these, please let me know. I would also be interested in talking to a passionate soul that would be willing to lend or lease their original tag, so it could be reproduced (I know this is a long shot). Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 11-02-19, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowguy View Post
Hello everyone! I'm restoring an Arnolt Bristol for a customer. There is one piece that is missing that I'm afraid is unobtainable. The car is missing the large ID tag that has the chassis number, engine number, interior color, paint color, etc. If someone knows of a source, or knows of someone who has reproduced these, please let me know. I would also be interested in talking to a passionate soul that would be willing to lend or lease their original tag, so it could be reproduced (I know this is a long shot). Any help is greatly appreciated.
A quick google search finds everything. Try https://www.classiccarratings.com/au...reet-sale-9735
See photo number 37 (https://www.classiccarratings.com/si...0182082345.jpg)
Arnolt-Bristol-ID-Plate.jpg
In the event the jpg disappears, for future forum members, look here
http://www.bristolcars.info/forums/a...1&d=1549925004

Also, note other photos for the other ID plates used by AB
Old 11-02-19, 11:38 PM

Default Arnolt ID Tag

I have that plate and perhaps a few other things you might need. Contact me at mcgou@msn.com

Peter McGough
Old 11-02-19, 11:45 PM

By the way it is not fixed with pop rivets.

Peter
Old 12-02-19, 02:15 PM

Thanks Peter and everyone (Peter, you will be receiving an email). I was hoping that the few and the gracious would respond. Our goal is Pebble Beach with the car, and it's coming along nicely. I can't give away much detail out of respect for the cars owner. I may post some teaser pictures.

There is one other subject is headlights. From my research of cars that others have been restored, there is no standard. I have no clue what was done originally. It does seem that a genuine Lucas P700 would be a good authentic choice, given other Lucas equipment on the car. I'm very interested to hear opinions and facts from everyone.