Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum  

Go Back   Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum > Bristol Forums > Other Bristol engined cars

Other Bristol engined cars Arnolt, AC, Frazer Nash, Cooper, Lister, Lotus, Tojeiro

Restoring Arnolt Bristol # 3075 need help

Old 07-03-15, 03:15 AM

Default Restoring Arnolt Bristol # 3075 need help

Hello everyone !

I am currently managing the complete restoration of a 1954 Arnolt Bristol, chassis # 3075. I have a few questions regarding this car, as it was heavily damaged at some point in it's past life. The car is currently completely disassembled, media blasted and coated in epoxy primer. It's about to undergo major sheet metal fabrication and replacement. In my research, I've noticed a few different grille shapes and nose opening shapes, and I'm uncertain on what this car is actually supposed to look like. Were all '54 cars identical in the nose and grille, or was there a difference between the various models? I believe this particular model is a D, = Deluxe. Can anyone identify for certain what the grille and nose opening should look like on this particular car?
Also, is there a color code available for the "Post Office Red" on the exterior, and the grey color on the engine compartment?
I'll have many questions regarding this car during it's restoration process, and hoping to find help with locating parts as well. Thank you everyone!
Old 07-03-15, 03:56 AM

Default Arnolt Grill

Hi Restoguy - You may like to press on my username (UK6) above and if you email me I can send you some info inc photos.

B
Old 08-03-15, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK6 View Post
Hi Restoguy - You may like to press on my username (UK6) above and if you email me I can send you some info inc photos.

B
Please consider posting the pictures and info here for the benefit of other forum members who might be interested

If it's too much trouble, feel free to send the photos to me I will post them for you.

Kevin
Old 09-03-15, 03:41 PM

Default Arnolt Bristol # 3075

Thanks Kevin,

Here is the link to the shops website, it may be easier for viewing photos as we keep the site updated often. Any information regarding parts will be welcome!
UK6, wonderful information, thank you so much! Hoping to find a car here in person that we can go look at, perhaps make templates etc....

Classic Restoration Home

Scott
Old 10-03-15, 07:55 PM

Default 3075 resto

Glad you found your way to the site. You will certainly get all of the information you need here. See you at Amelia.
Old 24-03-15, 03:58 PM

Default #3075

Making progress ! We have received some wonderful photos from fellow Arnolt Bristol owners and will soon have a car on loan that we can make some templates from for sheet metal fabrication. Our next search is for a good used rear differential, the corrosion in #3075 has made the gears and components completely useless. The gearbox has suffered from overheating as well and needs some critical parts.
Old 24-03-15, 09:12 PM

Default 3075

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restoguy View Post
Hello everyone !

I am currently managing the complete restoration of a 1954 Arnolt Bristol, chassis # 3075. I have a few questions regarding this car, as it was heavily damaged at some point in it's past life. The car is currently completely disassembled, media blasted and coated in epoxy primer. It's about to undergo major sheet metal fabrication and replacement. In my research, I've noticed a few different grille shapes and nose opening shapes, and I'm uncertain on what this car is actually supposed to look like. Were all '54 cars identical in the nose and grille, or was there a difference between the various models? I believe this particular model is a D, = Deluxe. Can anyone identify for certain what the grille and nose opening should look like on this particular car?
Also, is there a color code available for the "Post Office Red" on the exterior, and the grey color on the engine compartment?

I'll have many questions regarding this car during it's restoration process, and hoping to find help with locating parts as well. Thank you everyone!
I am not an expert but I believe Lieven Goeman's car at 3072 would most likely have the same grill. I will send pictures in a separate e-mail and if they look similar I know he would be more than happy to take pictures and measurements.
Old 10-04-15, 08:45 PM

Default #3075

We are having some very good luck with rounding up the items we need for #3075, still trying to determine the source for the dash mirror, and also the rear license plate lamp assembly!
Old 29-07-15, 09:34 PM

Default Arnolt Bristol parts

Mirror, see my other post. Rear light is Lucas 469, very usual in same period British cars. Repros available and NOS now and then on eBay. Jaguar was one of the brands that use them. If you need a pic of one send me an email to
Ivivancos@austin.rr.com
Cheers,
Old 04-08-15, 08:32 PM

Default AB grille

I noticed you are restoring 3075 and I am restoring 3040. I also need a grille since mine is not correct. did you have any luck with a pattern or building one. I am curious what you found.
Old 11-08-15, 01:20 AM

Default #3075

We had to custom make ours to fit the car and it likely would not fit another exactly the same. A good metal fabricator could help, but would need access to the car in order to make it fit precisely. Going to try and post photos of #3075 as it's been completed and will be shown at Pebble this coming weekend!
Old 11-08-15, 01:43 AM

Default 3075 almost done

My pictures are before the seats were put in. Send me what you have by e-mail and I will post them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (150.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (235.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (280.7 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (250.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (211.2 KB, 9 views)