Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum

Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum (http://www.bristolcars.info/forums/)
-   Bristol News & Other Bristol Discussion (http://www.bristolcars.info/forums/bristol-news-other-bristol-discussion/)
-   -   Can someone provide a BCL update? (http://www.bristolcars.info/forums/bristol-news-other-bristol-discussion/710-can-someone-provide-bcl-update.html)

Claude 05-05-11 10:35 PM

Can someone provide a BCL update?

Now that the company has new owners:

1) Is the showroom operating? Who is working there?
2) Is the parts and service centre operating?
3) Does Brian Marelli work for Bristol Cars, and if not, where is he (and his knowledge)?
4) Is the part of the factory that rebuilds old Bristols operating?
5) Are the Fighter, Blenheim and Speedster being offered as new cars?
6) Are the old records being preserved?

Obviously, the longer things remain closed, the more knowledge and momentum that is lost. From this far distance, it is unclear as to what is actually happening, and the Bristol Cars web site is unhelpful.

Claude

Barrie 05-05-11 11:37 PM

Not a complete update but whilst reading their new website I found this interesting.

" At Bristol, we crave integrity of purpose and an unmatched level of engineering perfection. We pursue a mindset that designs and builds our cars with a useful life of many decades in mind. We are the only luxury car manufacturer that remains in private British hands, which ensures us the absolute independence of thought and action that is essential to our purpose.

Despite our small production volume we offer four very distinct models covering a wide range of styles and functions. The Fighter and Blenheim remain our primary offerings, while the Speedster and its new cousin the Roadster, which offers a folding top and two plus two seating, continue - in very small numbers and to special order.

The Series 6 range are not strictly new cars as they are based on an older classic donor car but combine a concours restoration with extensive modifications that incorporate modern electrics and powertrain. Interestingly, although the Series 6 option (using the same technology and running gear as the Blenheim 3) was originally offered only for the 411, we are already producing both 410 and 603 Series 6 variants. We expect it will be only a matter of time before we are asked to build a 412 Series 6 and have indeed been asked to quote recently on a Beaufort Series 6 using a 412 as the base vehicle. Any V8 model can be made into a series 6.

In order to serve the demand for 'as new' versions of classic cars we are currently starting the build of a 405 drop-head with an uprated 6 cylinder engine and with a steel body frame instead of the original wood. This will not only ensure its longevity but ensure that it cannot be confused with a 1950s production version. Likewise we are building our first 405 coupe being an 'as new' uprated car but with stunning 2 door coupe styling and modern upgrades to make it more capable and fun to drive. As always, some of our best ideas come from customer requirements and we are always excited to discuss individually-tailored variants of our products."

Is the 405 Coupe a Silverton or Fraser-Nash idea?

TBC 06-05-11 05:38 AM

unfortunately the information on the home screen is no different to what was there prior to the insolvency and subsequent purchase. Quite what FNG intend to do with BCL remains uncertain.

pasini s 06-05-11 08:08 AM

Wouldn't a '405 Coupé' be... a 404? It doesn't sound like a 'new' idea; but it would surely be interesting, as the 404 is very pretty, IMHO one of the best-looking Bristols.

Ciao

Stefano

Metalman 06-05-11 02:22 PM

Filton

Last month, shortly after the Kamkorp announcement I emailed Bristol Cars Services and asked about progress to MBW 421N which is having work done at the Bristol factory. I was told that that Brian had visited the factory to look at the cars and work outstanding. Although they have no clear idea when the car will be ready due to the new owners only recently being installed, completed it will be. Which is nice to know.

will7262 06-05-11 04:29 PM

Work shop

I was at the Brentford workshop the other day and Brian Marelli and he's team were working on customers cars so I guess that side is still operating.
I bought a few bits and pieces but they could only take cash but did provide a receipt.