Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum  

Go Back   Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum > Bristol Forums > Bristol News & Other Bristol Discussion

Bristol News & Other Bristol Discussion About the company, clubs, car owners, and Bristol discussion not specific to the 6,8 or 10 cyl cars.

Bristol Cars In Administration, 03/03/11

Old 03-03-11, 08:23 PM

Default Bristol Cars In Administration, 03/03/11

Let's hope a suitable British buyer can be found:

BBC News - Bristol Cars goes into administration
Old 05-03-11, 04:20 PM

Default Tavistock Group

so I guess the Tavistock Group got fed up with paying the bills.....
Old 05-03-11, 05:56 PM

Default A Saviour For Bristol Cars Dr G Lowe

I say Greggy dear,

Willie and I were just musing by the fire with the birch twigs crackling and the mellifluous light playing mischievously into his gorgeous hazel eyes, but I digress........

We both realised that you are one of the foremost owners of Bristol Cars in the UK. How many do you have now? Last count was 9 wasn't it including the 401 & 405DH project? Enough to fill a showroom we are sure.

Bristol Cars could relocate to the old DFS sofa outlet at Thorpe Arch Trading Estate Wetherby, Willie has even offered to open the venue for free and will autograph Bristol memorobilia and is considering writing a special song. Think of the benefits, first it is close to home, second it is close to A road and motorway links, there are many fine hotels and eating establishments. Just think,visiting celebrities ( Prince Charles, anyone chinless called Geoff, the Chairperson of the Gay & Lesbian Performing Arts Society et al.). could be safely ensconced in these paragons of hospitality, they could be wined and dined at the finest establishments such as ther Aagrah, the Wetherby Whaler and Clems Old RibnSteak House (I have included this one for Lou-Lou). Wives could go to the MacArthur Glen Shopping Outlet or Scarborough ( The St Tropez of the North) and retired vicars could visit York Minster.

I was thinking that I could help in the showroom host department and I have lots of ideas for developing the business. Here's one I thought of earlier, how about a Bristol carriage trade service - weddings in a 411? Here's another, a no sale, no fee Bristol brokerage service. Do you need your Bristol sold? This is a job for an expert! You have a choice will you go for a Lowe job or a .......!'

Let us know what you think and Willie and I are happy to help with this exciting enterprise in any way we can.

Make it so!

Love Cass xx

Last edited by devadmin; 05-03-11 at 09:29 PM. Reason: obvious!
Old 05-03-11, 07:07 PM

I have a feeling that the current management will probably get the funding they need and be back stronger, although I will give your well thought out plans some serious consideration ! :-)

Did you forget your medication today ?
Old 05-03-11, 11:22 PM

All I hope is that Bristol survives as an English company, that we owners of Vintage Bristols have the same superb service and parts access and that the company des not change direction too much.
Old 06-03-11, 09:56 AM

Default New Owners

....perhaps Tata vould add BCL to their portfolio; they don't seem to have done too badly with Jaguar Land Rover......

The idea that BCL stays exactly the same does not somehow appeal, the world moves on and so should BCL; after all even the existing customer pool, as large or small as it may be, will eventually all pass away.

God help BCL if Chrysler decide to buy them!
Old 07-03-11, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBC View Post
....perhaps Tata vould add BCL to their portfolio; they don't seem to have done too badly with Jaguar Land Rover......

The idea that BCL stays exactly the same does not somehow appeal, the world moves on and so should BCL; after all even the existing customer pool, as large or small as it may be, will eventually all pass away.

God help BCL if Chrysler decide to buy them!
Oh, I think Chrysler has its eye on acquiring Daimler-Benz.