Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum  

Go Back   Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum > Bristol Forums > Bristol News & Other Bristol Discussion

Bristol News & Other Bristol Discussion About the company, clubs, car owners, and Bristol discussion not specific to the 6,8 or 10 cyl cars.

Silverstone Lunch Saturday 27th May 2023

Old 19-04-23, 05:44 PM

Default Silverstone Lunch Saturday 27th May 2023

A very special event is taking place at the BRDC Clubhouse at Silverstone on Saturday the 27th May to which all BOC members and all owners of Bristol cars who may not be in either club are welcome, details are set out below it will be a great day out, a chance to catch up with old friends and make new contacts.

Warwick Banks is hosting a private lunch for BODA members and other Bristol car owners. It will be held at the BRDC Clubhouse, Silverstone on Saturday 27th May 2023.

This follows the similar lunch three years ago, just before the Covid lockdowns, commemorating 100 years since the birth of Tony Crook and again, last year celebrating the UK launch of “Aero-Dynamic”, by Simon Charlesworth, charting the rise of the Bristol 450 to successful endurance racing at Reims and Le Mans.

The Historic Sports Car Club (HSCC) are holding their International Trophy Meeting over the same weekend so there should be plenty of track action going on. Although this will be a bank holiday weekend, we hope that a Saturday event allows everyone to enjoy the rest of the break.

It is 70 years since the 403 and 404 were launched and the HSCC will allow us to do some parade laps for 403 and 404 cars and then suitable cars will be parked together in front of the Clubhouse with separate parking nearby for anyone else arriving in a Bristol or Bristol engined car.

We are also hopeful that the former staff of Bristol Cars and Bristol Cars Services will use the event to hold another staff reunion.

The weather was spectacular on both previous occasions but for very different reasons, so we make no promises in that department.

The event is open to all Bristol owners so if you know someone who might like to come along, just let me know to arrange an invitation.

As before I’m making the arrangements with the BRDC on Warwick’s behalf so please let me know if you’d like to attend.

Costs are £46 per person including circuit passes, a welcome drink, 2 course lunch with a bottle of white and red wine on each table followed by tea and coffee.

Warwick and I hope you can make it. It is a real privilege to be able to use the BRDC Clubhouse and we are hoping that we can have an outstanding turnout, even more than the 90 plus people who attended in May 2022.

Could you please confirm your booking by paying £46 per person directly to the Bristol Owners & Drivers Association bank account at Co-Op bank , sort code 08-92-99, account number 65417094 marking your payment with your name followed by BRDC.

Can you also let me know you are planning to attend with the names of your guests and details of any food allergies. Also with details of your car and, if you are arriving in a 403 or 404, whether or not you’d like to take part in the parade.

Michael W Barton

14th April 2023

mwb0605@gmail.com or 07801 538170