Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum  

Go Back   Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum > Bristol Forums > Bristol News & Other Bristol Discussion

Bristol News & Other Bristol Discussion About the company, clubs, car owners, and Bristol discussion not specific to the 6,8 or 10 cyl cars.

Final Drive past on Brabazon Runway

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-15, 03:44 PM

Arrow Final Drive past on Brabazon Runway

The Heritage Trust would like to know who would be interested in coming to Bristol, probably on a weekday, for a final drive past on the Brabazon runway and a tour of the Brabazon hangar with its fascinating contents collected by the Bristol area collection trust, who are building the new £16million Bristol Aerospace Centre.
The 2 mile long runway is to be demolished later this year, but work will not start for a while and we have time to organise some guided parties to pay our last respects to the site where Bristol Cars were so extensively tested. Simon
Charlesworth and I recently did a photo shoot there, of Fighter (Nick McGarvey's) versus 400 (mine) and this will be published shortly in Classic &Sports Car. Sadly the runway has not been resurfaced since the Brabazon took off and it is in no condition for high-speed runs, but the magic of the place lives on. We may arrange a Drone shoot as well.(Photos I mean)
Expressions of interest to me please at this stage and we plan to organise one or more events for this in the spring. Priority will of course be given to HT Subscribers, but all may come.
All the best
Stefan Cembrowicz
BOC Heritage Trust
Old 10-01-15, 05:52 PM

Default Brabazon drive past

Please count me in Stefan,

Thanks,
Chris Sherwood.
Hereford.
Old 12-01-15, 03:46 PM

Stefan,
I would be interested depending on the date.
Geoff.
Old 12-01-15, 08:12 PM

As this is an announcement (rather than a discussion) I am closing this thread.

If you wish to reply to Stefan, please contact him directly - if you click on his username while viewing this thread on the web site (while logged in) a menu will appear showing his contact options.

Thanks,
Kevin
Closed Thread