Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum  

Go Back   Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum > Bristol Forums > Bristol Ephemera

Bristol Ephemera Automobilia / collectibles associated with Bristol

Classic and Sports car- Jan or Feb issue

Old 12-01-12, 09:44 AM

Default Classic and Sports car- Jan or Feb issue

Happy New year to everyone.
I've been told that in Classics and Sports car magazine, February issue, there is a feature on every Bristol model in a big special feature, but on a visit to their website, the current issue, whose cover is "Sports cars for all seasons", comprises Top 10 Targas * Il Duce's 6C * Transporters * Trevor Fiore * Aurelias * Elva GT160 * Aston DB4-6 * Ford Pops * Marcos, but no mention Patchway's/Filton's finest are to be found apart from a very nice beaufighter between the featured cars
Could anyone shed some light on it? I have to be in Brussels the 27th and could hunt the february issue there, as in Spain is nowhere to be seen or found.

Maybe the special feature is scheduled for the march issue.

Besides, it seems impossible to get my hands on "octane" magazine, issue 95 (may 2011) featuring Tony Crook on the downfall of Bristol. I contacted the editor but told me that the issue was sold out and no back issues or reprints were available. I wonder if any of you had that issue for sale, or a reprint or a scan available

Thank you again an Cheers from Spain
Robert

Last edited by robertofollia; 12-01-12 at 12:14 PM.
Old 12-01-12, 11:57 AM

Default Photoshoot at RAF Cosford

This was for Octane Magazine, organised with Ellie Hargreaves from Samuelson Wylie - during torrential rain , wind and the occasional ray of sunshine
Best model there was the Bristol Type 188...
All the best
Stefan
Old 12-01-12, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Ah, the T188, that brings back memories! When I was an apprentice at BAC in Filton over 50 years ago, the T188 was in final assembly. Once the veil of secrecy was lifted, we apprentices often went into the hangar at the bottom of Filton hill at lunchtime where it was being built to admire its pencil slim lines. This was my first exposure to aircraft manufacturing and left a lasting impression. Once first flight was imminent we spent hours watching and waiting for it to take-off. It sat for days at the end of the runway waiting for the right weather and all the systems to function correctly but unfortunately when the moment eventually arrived I was in college. However I did later see the first flights of the T221 and Concorde 002 both of which I worked on. Happy days, please excuse the nostagia!
Richard
Old 12-01-12, 07:31 PM

Quote:
This was for Octane Magazine, organised with Ellie Hargreaves from Samuelson Wylie - during torrential rain , wind and the occasional ray of sunshine
All the best
Stefan
Thank you so much for the info. I've been looking at octane's website. Could it be MArch'06 issue, 411 vs Blenheim? Alas, it's sold out. I will try to do my best in order to locate these issues, as well as the May 2011 one.

All the best from Spain
Robert
Old 13-01-12, 11:01 AM

Wink Classic and Sports Car February Issue

Hi, If you take a magnifying glass to the front cover you will see a strange square object in the background. I believe it to be a felled telephone box, known by it lovers (sorry Pip) as a 412. There is an article inside which gives this strange apparition a rather good write up. Apart from comparing its handling to a ship wallowing in a rough sea. ( tongue firmly in left cheek)
Any publicity is good, if Octane have done a feature it should be worth waiting for.
All the best for a better Bristol year, Nick
Old 13-01-12, 05:46 PM

Quote:
All the best
Stefan
Mea Culpa, I posted the Classic and Sports Car rumour, forgetting that it was in fact Octane who conducted the event

Bristol are launching a new website soon as well I believe.

The Octane 'every model' is expected to hit the news stands on the third week of Jan, seems early for the March issue but there you go. I reckon the 412 was put right at the back of the Classic & Sports Car cover shoot because otherwise it would have just completely overshadowed the other cars with it's presence.

Paul
Old 13-01-12, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lansdownplace View Post
Mea Culpa, I posted the Classic and Sports Car rumour, forgetting that it was in fact Octane who conducted the event

Bristol are launching a new website soon as well I believe.

The Octane 'every model' is expected to hit the news stands on the third week of Jan, seems early for the March issue but there you go. I reckon the 412 was put right at the back of the Classic & Sports Car cover shoot because otherwise it would have just completely overshadowed the other cars with it's presence.

Paul
Thank you a lot for the clarification. Now I Know where to point, and really really hope to find the octane issue in Brussels (I have to travel there soon), as I can forget about finding it in Spain.

Best regards,
Robert
Old 16-03-12, 09:53 AM

Good morning to everyone,
Just to announce that Octane issue April 2012 has been already published and I have already ordered it from the magazine HQ.

Look forward to getting it

Best regards and happy weekend
Robert
Old 16-03-12, 02:19 PM

Hi
You might also like to know that the 406S features in the April edition of Classic Cars.
Old 02-04-12, 08:09 AM

Thank you so much for the input. I have already ordered it as well. CAn't wait to get both copies.

Best regards from Spain
Robert