Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum  

Go Back   Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum > Bristol Forums > Bristol Ephemera

Bristol Ephemera Automobilia / collectibles associated with Bristol

Found in attic - original tech drawings etc

Old 13-11-10, 02:29 PM

Default Found in attic - original tech drawings etc

Hi,

I recently cleared my Dad's attic and have some items that may be of interest to BOC members or others with an interest in ephemera linked to Bristol.

(i) I have a series of service bulletins for 400/401/402 models in a blue folder and issued by the Bristol Aeroplance Company Car Division. They are in sound condition and some are dated 1948.

(ii) Several large original technical drawings dated 1946 - could be Frazer Nash as there is a newspaper clipping with the drawings that refers to the prototype and is dated 1946.

I believe these items were given to my mum many years ago by a resident at her care home who was a technical draftsman at BAC.

I live in Bristol area and if anyone would like to view these items they are welcome to. I would be interested in selling these items but don't know if they have any worth at this point. However as mentioned if anyone wants to inspect the items for pure interest they are welcome. Best wishes
Old 13-11-10, 03:09 PM

It would be great if someone from the Heritage Trust could look over what you have I am sure they would welcome the donation.
Old 13-11-10, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREG View Post
It would be great if someone from the Heritage Trust could look over what you have I am sure they would welcome the donation.
Our museum often adds to its archives by being allowed to copy information that owners are not willing to donate.

Perhaps, if the sale is critical, copying by the HT would be practical.
Old 14-11-10, 01:49 PM

Default Technical Drawings

Hi,

As mentioned, if anyone wants to inspect, copy or scan the items they are welcome. I'm not familiar with the BOC organisation but if anyone in the Bristol (UK) area wants to meet up I am happy to do that.

Cheers
Old 14-11-10, 02:59 PM

Hi Shaun,

Stefan, from the Heritage Trust would love to discuss the donation / purchase on behalf of the trust.

His email address is scembrowicz@me.com and he lives in Bristol

Thanks

Greg
Old 31-12-10, 01:54 PM

Default Tech drawings

Hi Shaun,

I am a trustee of the Frazer Nash Archives. Did anyone from BOC come to look at the drawings? Do you know if they identified any as Frazer Nash rather than Bristol drawings as you suggested?

Many thanks, James Trigwell