Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum  

Go Back   Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum > Non Bristol Forums > Automobilia - other

Automobilia - other Automobilia / collectibles - non Bristol specific

Automobile Quarterly

Old 28-11-16, 08:10 PM

Default Automobile Quarterly

On the off chance that someone based in the UK may have been a long term subscriber to Automobile Quarterly or knows someone who was I am looking to purchase a complete run of these magazines.
US and Canada prices have been quite attractive but shipping costs are prohibitive due to the bulk and weight.
All copies must be in good condition but I would consider a long run covering the early years or an incomplete set to get me started as an option.
I have have not tried the collectors book dealers yet so if you happen to be in that business and can help please get in touch.
Geoff.
Old 29-11-16, 12:36 AM

I think it's a bit unkind to call AQ a "magazine" :-)

I have quite a few earlier issues which are surplus to requirements, after buying the first 40 years worth in one hit from the US, but I'm sure you will find some closer than Australia!

There are also two index books that cover the first 40 years. It's well worth getting those. I assume something similar exists for later years but the first 160 issues were enough for me!
Old 06-12-16, 08:05 PM

Kevin
I think that is a fair point and one worth remembering when looking, to search under books as well.
I should have bid higher at an auction a few years ago when I dropped out at £850 as I was not totally sure they were all there. It was a rural vintage sale and viewing all the boxes was not easy and the temptation of a few Bristol bits coming up later also factored in.
At the start of the year I could have got a set in the US for similar money which would have been good as it was $ not £ but the shipping quote we got was over $2k and they refused to do it in one crate which put the vendor and myself off.
Perhaps I should offer one of my 84 Cadillac Seville's in exchange for a set.
Geoff.
Old 04-03-20, 07:43 PM

An update, finally secured a complete run of Automobile Quarterly, first job will be to find a suitable bookcase and then start reading, came with the indicies as well.
Buying them all in one hit makes me realise I should have started younger.
Geoff.

Last edited by Geoff Kingston; 05-03-20 at 07:52 PM.