View Single Post
Old 23-06-19, 02:19 PM

Default 405 Rear boot seal + boot door spring unit.

I have a few final things with a 405 renovation project that i am stumped on; and need some help from the community.

The boot seal is in need of rejuvenation. It is no longer fit for purpose as it has slipped from its housing. I am looking to replace it with as close to original as possible. I was wondering if anyone has the time to take a photo of an existing 405 boot seal so i can find a similar product to replace my one with. If you are able to get a shot of the profile of the part that would be fantastically helpful.

Furthermore the electrics in the front of the car are in need of some repair. The 'map' light is currently just bare wires. If anyone has any information on where the light is secured, the switch type, where the switch is mounted (plus photos) that would be fantastic. I have an old radio, which I will likely be replacing a slightly more modern one, with new speakers. Has anybody done this? Would it be possible to put newer speakers in the electrical system of this car?

Finally I have emailed someone with regards to three bumper over-riders which i also need to source- any help would be appreciated on this front.

Thanks for any help, in advance.

Kind regards,
From Oli