View Single Post
Old 07-12-18, 07:13 PM

I have ordered the parts from Stafford Vehicle Components today but have gone for the 95 degree gear set to keep the sweep of the wipers the same as the original.
A new switch as you said to mount under the dash and a plug for the wiring to the motor with a short loom on it which will hopefully make it straight forward to connect up to the switch and power supply.
Probably won't have a go until after Christmas to try and fit it all up and will post again then on how we got on.
Another tip from my pal John Harris which might improve the efficiency of the existing motor is to fit a relay into the power supply.
As we are exploring options I am going to try this on my other 401, he said it worked wonders on the heater blower speed on his Austin Cambridge and thinks it will help on the wiper motor as well.
He wants now to check out the wiring diagram as he though the Bristol motor had a park facilty which it didn't so will keep you posted as things develop.
Geoff.

Last edited by Geoff Kingston; 09-12-18 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Additional info and a correction