View Single Post
Old 30-03-09, 08:38 PM
Requiescat in pace

Default Re: Restore or buy restored ?

Dorien, Agree entirely. By maintaining a lead project manager/visionary designer/owner role I have met some wonderful and interesting people as I journey through the restoration. Hence the knowledge and interest knowing what I will have in the end is as much a part of me as if I did the work myself, although I do not have the skill or the time to acquire the skill.

To answer Kevin, about "Bristol specifically" it is merely that my current experience is related to Bristols, although I think that a bare shell/rolling chassi Bentley or Ferrari or other highly regarded classic will have a much higher starting point and will have some parts or suspension and drive train much more costly than say a standard Bristol 6 or 8. On a Bristol, the most expensive bits are the body work and back axle (6 or 8) as well as front axle, plus the Bristol 6 engine.

Spent yesterday afternoon wandering around Peurto Benus near Malaga and I cannot understand why some people need to own a bright yellow Lamborghini convertible and then to drive short parades around the waterfront to show off their toy. My son reckons we ought to come back in a 3 wheel Reliant Robin and spend all day driving up and down in front of the crowds and large boats.

Clyde