View Single Post
Old 07-12-17, 06:52 PM

The final variation on the last frame I picked up is to leave the last internal lamination separate from the rest of the frame to be used or not as needed.
The original frames were made oversize on their inner and outer faces to accommodate variations on individual cars, on mine I have found this to be more significant on the inside face because not only are there variations in size but also shape of the alloy trim that fits inside it. One of these finishers now goes straight into the wood surround the other would still require some sanding back. I have also found there are variations in the size and to a degree shape of the actual opening in the roof panel, the wood frame can be profiled to follow the panel edge if need be.
As the ply making up the laminations on the latest frame is thicker future ones will be made with the last internal lamination separate, the price will be £110 each plus post and packing and if anyone is interested or needs one send me a private message and I will send you Dave's contact details.
Geoff.