View Single Post
Old 21-03-17, 06:28 AM

Default Restore or replace

Thanks for your comments. Can stop contemplating and make some pragmatic choices.
The difference in costs for the radiator core quoted was effectively, a honeycomb radiator restored or a modern infilled radiator with funds left over for leather for a new seat .
Thought I was on a winner until I read Stefano's disclaimer regarding disc brakes.. ....
Having spent most of last night reading the posts, I can make the confession - I have picked up some parts from a cannibalised 401/403(?) back in the early 80's & have front discs , with later model roll bar ( for lock to lock clearance ) running on Jag wire wheels.
The set up was constructed by a ships engineer with no intention of it working on the standard Bristol rims. The car was wrecked as the Owner was of the opinion it was worth more sold separately - which was the case for far too long.

Also experiencing some of the same problems - a tendency for the back to lock up.
In modern traffic drums all round can make you feel like a super tanker coming into dock - too fast.
Appreciate the heads up about not throwing anything away looking for more storage space now.