View Single Post
Old 11-02-17, 03:29 PM

Bob

Quite so

My 410 parts manual tells me that the Lucas part no for the wiper switch is 31847 and that for the washer switch is 31513. They also bore the Lucas designations PRS9 and 15SA respectively

I attach a screen shot of a Lucas catalogue which show what they both look like. It appears that put together they also bore a composite part no 31940.

I recall the washer switch as a very simple cheap looking item, with screw terminals. Just as depicted. The wiper switch shaft passes right through the switch and is spring loaded to act on the press to make switch when pushed in. Any simple push to make switch would probably suffice as a replacement if you can mount it.

Rovers, Rolls Royce and others used similar reverse to park wiper motors and presumably similar wiper switches, so replacements may be available. But I seem to recall that my Pa's Rover 90 had a separate washer switch so that may be rarer

Note the anti twist "wings" on the wiper switch, I think these go behind the metal framing of the dashboard ( as opposed to the wood side) but I cannot really remember.

Good luck
Attached Images
File Type: png image.png (320.0 KB, 30 views)