View Single Post
Old 05-02-17, 12:37 PM

Default 410 windscreen washers

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the windscreen washer on a 410, or indeed does such a thing exist?

I have a diagram for the 407/8 in the manual but that doesn't seem to have a screen washer, and I have one for the 411 but that doesn't appear to be the same.

The 411 diagram shows a green wire going from the switch to the motor and a black wire going to earth/ground. My motor has a green wire to the + terminal and a black and green one on the other.

The washer is not working so to test it I disconnected both wires and attached one terminal direct to earth and the other direct to the + side of the battery. Hey presto it worked so the problem is not the motor. I tried it again with the black and green wire connected and the + side fed direct from the battery and it did not work.

From this I concluded that the earth was at fault so connected the black and green terminal direct to earth and reconnected the green wire to the + terminal on the motor. When I turned on the ignition to test if it now worked, the washer sprang into life and would not stop!

Has anyone else had this problem?