Thread: Poly 318
View Single Post
Old 10-10-16, 05:09 AM

Well none of those numbers tie in with mine. In addition on this Forum there is a picture of a broken manifold with the numbers 2206275 clearly marked and again different from your numbers.
My exhaust lasted the car's life until an unfortunate truck driver broke them when unloading the car. The pipes under the car are in alignment with the manifold so I have no reason to question their correctness. In any case even if the LH was not correct it still proves there are many casting numbers.
Other manifolds of Chrysler engines of the period will not clear the frame.
Have tried to attach a picture but no luck.
As already mentioned there are 3 or more manifolds for the 318 depending on car/truck model so the ULTIMATE AMERICAN....book is in error with only one casting number, given I have just shown you 3 ! Perhaps they got their info from Sethright LOL So 3 numbers of mine + one from ULTIMATE AMERICAN makes 4.. But wait..on E Bay http://www.ebay.com/itm/1962-63-64-6.../201676760124?
there is one for sale now today with number 2288186 clearly listed for a poly LH side, so there are at least 5. Proves my point that the casting numbers are meaningless. What would have meaning is what car was our engine sourced from or what LH exhaust did they use?
Anne

Last edited by Anne; 10-10-16 at 05:39 AM.