Thread: AB Rally
View Single Post
Old 29-09-16, 10:11 PM

Unless the purchaser knew the people you refer to there is little chance they would have picked up on this matter, the Indy Star report is recent, do an internet search for stolen Arnolt Bristol and this forum and the Indy Star report is all that comes up.
This is not a high profile 'Stolen Car' , in the UK a registration document does not prove ownership , is it different in the US and if so in all States. There must be countless people all over the world who hold old registration documents or title documents for cars long gone, sold or scrapped, that does not give them the right to claim ownership of a vehicle still in existence. What also weakens your argument in my view is the recently obtained title document referred to in the Indy Star feature, this should in my view never have been issued as the car was not in your possession or at the time owned by either you or your father.
Nobody in their right mind is going to hand you this vehicle back without a hell of a legal fight no matter how hard you use this and other forums and social media sites to state your case and I doubt very much if you would be making such a fuss about this if it was a $100 Ford.
Your father lost $3000 as a result of a deal gone bad , you need to focus on that and the protection given to buyers who purchase a vehicle in good faith, the time elapsed since the original sale, the number of times the car has changed hands and where it has been since your father sold it.
The only conclusion I draw from the Indy Star article is that if this matter does eventually go to court the only winners will be the Lawyers.