Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum  

Go Back   Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum > Bristol Forums > 8 & 10 cyl Bristol cars

8 & 10 cyl Bristol cars Type 407 onwards - restoration, repair, maintenance etc

One the hunt for an affordable Bristol

Old 10-04-13, 03:31 PM
Banned

Default One the hunt for an affordable Bristol

Hello to all. It is Sping here in the beautiful Midwest USofA., and that brings on the 'itch' too once again begin the search for a Bristol 409 our newer. We have finished adding considerable floor space to our building, and I would like to fill part of it with a Bristol. I am hoping that some of our American members might know of one lying somewhere in need of a new home. Condition is not too important at all. I can weld, and am not afraid of aluminum bodywork. I have a stockpile of Chrysler engines and transmissions. We have old-school unholsterers around here that can fabricate anything. A phone call or an email would be nice. Many thanks in advance. Ron
Old 11-04-13, 02:35 AM

Default Bristol 409

Dear Ron,

I'm a displaced Brit living in VA, and I have a 409 which could be for sale. Not sure that it's what your looking for, but I'd like to send pictures and call/ correspond. I haven't so far been able to find your coordinates in the 2012 list of members, but mine are if you'd like to get in contact.

Best regards
David Jordan
Old 11-04-13, 03:32 PM
Banned

Default David and the Bristol 409

Many thanks for the quick response. Yes, I am indeed interested and you may email pix to jagster911@bellsouth.net or give me a call at 270 886 7933. And thanks again. Looking forward to hearing from you. All the best, Ron
Old 11-04-13, 08:43 PM

The words "Bristol" and "affordable" are seldom used together....

But "Bristol" and "very enjoyable" - yes!

If I may advice, I would look for the best possible example, as a proper restoration is quite expensive. The driveline is not expensive to restore or/and upgrade, but specially the interior is. Instruments, seats, the tubular construction beneath the Aluminium skin, all windows ( specially front and rear), hinges, lights etc are not easy to repair or source.
Old 18-04-13, 06:38 PM

Default 411 s2

Ron,

My 411 s2 is still available if interested in Houston.

Paul