Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum  

Go Back   Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum > Bristol Forums > 8 & 10 cyl Bristol cars

8 & 10 cyl Bristol cars Type 407 onwards - restoration, repair, maintenance etc

More info

Old 25-12-12, 09:41 PM

Default More info

Hey guys.
Merry Christmas!

I know I havent been on here much, but I just dont have the time or money to work on my Bristol.

---But, wile cleaning up in my home I found some info.

I found the official Member Portfolio from my father.

Turns out I have the 408. (408.1.038)<---If that means anything.

Also it seems he was a member from 89 to 90.
Old 25-12-12, 10:12 PM
Banned

Default Memories of the Bristol 408 and the rest

Happy holidays to all. It was good to read about things jogging our memories during this season. I too have had Bristols on the brain for many years, and now, at 75, I am at the point that I can actually afford a decent one. Bristol is the only car I have wanted for such a long time that I never bought. Maybe this year will be the Year of the Bristol! A distant relative has contacted me and he has a 411, but he is not ready to just give it to me, so we will likely negotiate a little, if he still has it. All the best to all the members! Ron
Old 27-12-12, 11:25 AM

A friend of mine has a stunning fully restored 410 coming out of the paint shop early January and I will have a choice of two 411's - One of the cars is in a Dewars whisky commercial in the USA ! New Dewar’s Marketing Ad Campaign and Commercial – Whisky Times | Whisky Reviews & News

Let me know if you need more details
Old 27-12-12, 07:38 PM
Banned

Default Bristols for sale

Greg, we all know what these cars will sell for, and even with the resources I have, I draw the line on prices of all old cars. I make no exceptions. I would sooner give to charity than put a lot of money into an old car. I know of a few myself, and they all start at around $35,000 USD. Restored examples are priced in an attempt to recover the costs of restoration.
Old 27-12-12, 08:51 PM

If you have the resources it doesn't matter what they cost if it's the market rate and the value can be recouped if /when sold, or even improved upon ( more likely )

If you don't want to tie up too much money just mention a figure you want to pay and a preferred model and you will either get lucky or not. I don't understand the charity reference !