Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum

Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum (http://www.bristolcars.info/forums/)
-   8 & 10 cyl Bristol cars (http://www.bristolcars.info/forums/8-10-cyl-bristol-cars/)
-   -   603 Colour (http://www.bristolcars.info/forums/8-10-cyl-bristol-cars/704-603-colour.html)

will7262 30-04-11 01:32 PM

603 Colour

As I am going for a full body repair and respray I now have the opportunity to chose a new colour should I decide to do so.
I have to say I don't like the current mid red and fancy her in a dark blue.
The question is did Bristol do a dark blue and if so does anybody have some paint code options?
I'm assuming I will go for a solid colour rather than a metalic foe ease of later repairs but open on that issue.

browning l 30-04-11 02:02 PM

Lots of "dark" blue Bristols in photos....

Good luck in finding one that appeals to you. It's a hard area for choosing. After all, Navy Blue is a very dark blue that looks almost black in a naval uniform.

Sam410 30-04-11 09:24 PM

As said, there are lots of dark blue Bristols, so come to a club meet and choose your favourite! FWIW mine is Rolls-Royce Oxford Blue, which is a very dark blue and looks virtually black in some lights.

John Rolfs 25-05-11 03:36 PM

Bristol Blues

I repainted my 409 in a non-metallic paint many years ago - a 1980's BMW colour "Atlantis Blue", not as quite dark as some other suggestions, but quite close to the original Royal Blue. You'll find darker, later BMW blues that are also attractive in plain paint. The advantage of standard production car colours is readily available paint including touch-in aerosols.

I'm considering the choice for my red 603 which I think was the same Burgundy metallic paint as yours since mine is also now back to bare metal. Burgundy Red metallic is now so commonplace perhaps it should be renamed Bermondsey Red. My latest preference is for the current BMW deep red plain paint with a clear lacquer-over finish as I'm also keen to avoid metallics because panel repairs can be a real headache.

mottyhall 02-06-11 10:07 AM

Ever Thought About A Two Tone Finish?
They Look Great.

will7262 02-06-11 11:12 AM

Colour

While I do like dual paint schemse I dont feel theshape of a 603 will suite it and will also add even further complications to an already expensive rebuild of the body work.

I thinks its plain paint for me

will7262 14-10-11 10:58 AM

603 colour

Quote:

Originally Posted by browning l (Post 5060)
Lots of "dark" blue Bristols in photos....

Good luck in finding one that appeals to you. It's a hard area for choosing. After all, Navy Blue is a very dark blue that looks almost black in a naval uniform.

I have lost the colour reference you gave me some time ago..it was a rolls Royce red of some sort if memory serves?

Cheers
Will

browning l 21-10-11 10:00 PM

Traveling now, no access to info. Will he home in 2.5 weeks.
Used on early 2000s RR and Bentleys...

will7262 22-10-11 07:53 AM

603 colour

Quote:

Originally Posted by browning l (Post 5629)
Traveling now, no access to info. Will he home in 2.5 weeks.
Used on early 2000s RR and Bentleys...

That will do to narrow it down...enjoy your travels
regards
Will