Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum  

Go Back   Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum > Bristol Forums > 8 & 10 cyl Bristol cars

8 & 10 cyl Bristol cars Type 407 onwards - restoration, repair, maintenance etc

Does anyone has information on this car?

Old 01-04-11, 06:29 PM

Hello Will
Congratulations, I'm glad the car went to another forum member! Would it be possible to keep us on current with your proceedings with the car. I'm very curious as to the state it is in now and the work that needs to be done. I would greatly appreciate it if you could give us some more details.
Best regards and good luck with the resauration!
Old 01-04-11, 11:07 PM

Having a brother that is a mechanic.... Heaven!
Congrats and kep us up to date!
Old 02-04-11, 09:23 AM

Default 603S

some more photos as bought

Bristol 603S (23).jpg

Bristol 603S (16).jpg

Bristol 603S (19).jpg

Bristol 603S (21).jpg

Bristol 603S (43).jpg

Bristol 603S (12).jpg
Old 29-04-11, 09:59 AM

Default A little information for you.

I owned the car I think from 2002 to 2004. I bought it from Graham Emmett in Northwich. A nice guy, I did a part exchange with a lovely Mercedes 380SEL.

I loved that 603S2, and whilst I am delighted you have bought her, I am saddened that the previous owner felt the need to retain her registration number. I was tempted at the time I sold her, but decided against.

The underside has deteriorated quite a lot. I spent about 2300.00 pounds with Spencer Lane Jones on a suspension overhaul. The car was transformed handling wise after his work on the car. I wholeheartedly recommend him and his team for anyone needing Bristol work, particulary in light of the sad events at Bristol Cars Ltd.

At the time, I asked him to repair the non functioning heater, however upon investigation it needed considerable expenditure, and I decided to leave it for another day. I don't know if subsequent owners rectified this fault.

The car drove really well, and I have always regretted selling her, however I was never fully reconciled to the looks of the 603. I thought from some angles they look great, for example from the rear three quarter view, but from the front three quarter, awful.

But here is the mad thing, I have fallen head over heels in love with the 412/Beaufighter!! If there are any near derelicts out there for restoration, please please let me know. My partner calls them the Bristol Breeze Block, I ignore her of course.

I sold 10PNU on eBay to a disabled chap in London called Dave Edwards for 4800.00 pounds. I delivered the car to a company in Haydock who fit hand controls, but I don't know if that work ever took place.

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do with her, if you are serious about doing the bodywork then Andrew Mitchell is your man. Not cheap, but an artist in aluminium. He did some work on my 401 at the time KDF749. Stunning result.