Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum  

Go Back   Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum > Bristol Forums > 8 & 10 cyl Bristol cars

8 & 10 cyl Bristol cars Type 407 onwards - restoration, repair, maintenance etc

411/412/603 wheel nut torque?

Old 11-09-09, 06:54 AM

"PS: [I]Picking up on the other forum discussion on Fighter's knobs[/i], it seems Mr. Silverton is honouring the aeroplane heritage in detail design in the cars. This is good, in my view, as it has a sense of authenticity rather than branding. I have always enjoyed the no-nonsense design aspect of aero, milspec functionality. I like the idea that a gauge is held in by screws I can see, rather than requiring special tools or disassembly of half the dash in order to get to change the bulb on an instrument. It is an ethos of the company, and of its aficionados on this forum."

Hi
First post on this forum. My I ask what other forum is being referd to in the above post? Many thanks.

Regards

AlanD
Sydney
Old 11-09-09, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanD View Post
"PS: Picking up on the other forum discussion on Fighter's knobs, it seems Mr. Silverton is honouring the aeroplane heritage in detail design in the cars. This is good, in my view, as it has a sense of authenticity rather than branding. I have always enjoyed the no-nonsense design aspect of aero, milspec functionality. I like the idea that a gauge is held in by screws I can see, rather than requiring special tools or disassembly of half the dash in order to get to change the bulb on an instrument. It is an ethos of the company, and of its aficionados on this forum."

Hi
First post on this forum. My I ask what other forum is being referd to in the above post? Many thanks.

Regards

AlanD
Sydney
Alan

See Article Found by Accident from late 2007

Cheers
Claude

Tags
wheel nut