Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum  

Go Back   Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum > Bristol Forums > 8 & 10 cyl Bristol cars

8 & 10 cyl Bristol cars Type 407 onwards - restoration, repair, maintenance etc

410 Torque Converter

Old 29-05-23, 05:31 PM

Default 410 Torque Converter

Help Appreciated please.
I am looking for a torque converter and flexiplate for my 410. The engine has to come out due to crank shaft wear in the vicinity of number 3 thrust washer. There was 1/8" end float. On an automatic this is very strange and seems to be normally caused by flexi plate mis-alignment or wear in the torque converter. I have a new crank shaft ready to go in.
Does anyone please have the part numbers of the torque converter and flexiplate so that I can order the parts ready for when the engine comes out. i feel that it is prudent to replace torque converter and flexi plate when the engine is out. I am in the U,K,
Thanks in advance
Andrew
Old 30-05-23, 05:02 PM

Hello Andrew.

Not sure of part numbers but you are looking for a converter for A727 Torqueflite with stall speed of 2000RPM.

If you get stuck I can help with parts. I have just removed original gearbox, converter and flexplate and replaced with overdrive items. I had half a mind to keep them as spares but would rather they help keep another 410 on the road.