Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum  

Go Back   Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum > Bristol Forums > 8 & 10 cyl Bristol cars

8 & 10 cyl Bristol cars Type 407 onwards - restoration, repair, maintenance etc

411 windscreen trim "joiner"

Old 13-09-22, 11:11 AM

Default 411 windscreen trim "joiner"

I am trying to track down the little "join" piece that finishes off the screen trim as seen in this pic:

windscreen-trim.jpg

My rubbers are shrinking and one flew off on a recent spin.

Thx.
Old 14-09-22, 09:15 AM

The trim looks very similar to the MGB’s, also from the same era. See screenshot from SC Parts. Unfortunately the MGB’s joining pieces are on the corners but if it’s the same cross sectional size it will give you another direction to look. SC Parts also has a joining piece albeit a different profile which is off a Jaguar X300 and a few other Jaguars of the same period but it may help in tidying things up and keep the weather out, assuming the cross sectional dimensions are compatible.
The rear window of my series 3 E-Type has two joining pieces on the chrome trim but the rubber seal is a very tight fit and I don’t want to peel it back but you could check that out also.
Good luck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A680ADB5-B29B-4909-8487-181297490F77.jpg (58.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 78050D54-3985-4BE8-BF5D-9EAD693521CC.jpg (78.4 KB, 3 views)
Old 14-09-22, 09:29 AM

I've got two that I bought from Classic Bristol Parts as a precautionary purchase and didn't use (had the originals rechromed).
Happy to send one them to you and if they're of any use we can sort something out.
Cheers
Andrew
Old 14-09-22, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DODD View Post
The trim looks very similar to the MGB’s, also from the same era. See screenshot from SC Parts. Unfortunately the MGB’s joining pieces are on the corners but if it’s the same cross sectional size it will give you another direction to look. SC Parts also has a joining piece albeit a different profile which is off a Jaguar X300 and a few other Jaguars of the same period but it may help in tidying things up and keep the weather out, assuming the cross sectional dimensions are compatible.
The rear window of my series 3 E-Type has two joining pieces on the chrome trim but the rubber seal is a very tight fit and I don’t want to peel it back but you could check that out also.
Good luck
Thanks - that picture looks a bit diff to mine, specifically it flairs out at the edges so it can tuck under the rubber, to hold it in place.
Old 14-09-22, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewA View Post
I've got two that I bought from Classic Bristol Parts as a precautionary purchase and didn't use (had the originals rechromed).
Happy to send one them to you and if they're of any use we can sort something out.
Cheers
Andrew
Thanks for the offer - I did track one down (Graeme Payne @ Classic Bristol Car Parts), but will be back onto you if there are any issues.

Edit: Is there any etiquette WRT to parts and that company? (I would rather Classic Bristol Car had more stock for other folks, if there were ones available elsewhere...).

Edit II: Some photos for future reference:
Trim01.png

Trim02.png

Trim03.png

Last edited by B_411_I; 14-09-22 at 03:40 PM.