Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum  

Go Back   Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum > Bristol Forums > 8 & 10 cyl Bristol cars

8 & 10 cyl Bristol cars Type 407 onwards - restoration, repair, maintenance etc

Pegasus Badges

Old 18-04-21, 09:16 PM

Default Pegasus Badges

New Pegasus Badge

If anyone is interested in one or more of these Pegasus badges made by the original supplier to Bristol Cars, based in the Birmingham Jewellery Quarter, using the original tooling then please contact me via email at ridleyjones@hotmail.com.
In order to make the project viable, an order of 20 is needed at a pre-paid cost of £130.50 per badge. If the numbers of badges requested are not sufficient, then sadly this project is not likely to go ahead.
I have seen these on the wings of 408, 409, 410, and the front grille of the prototype 411, s5, s6 (the front badge on the 407 has an extra shield, but is otherwise similar). The shield is also on the last Blenheim the s4.
There may well be other Bristols that used them, but I have not been to a car show for a while!

Brian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bristol Pegasus.jpg (121.0 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Pegasus Badge.jpg (181.4 KB, 32 views)
Old 19-04-21, 02:30 PM

I know how difficult it can be to make something like this happen, but nevertheless, £261 for a pair of badges seems quite hard to take. I'll have a look at my old ones this evening if I can remember. I have a 409.

Thanks for making the effort.
Old 22-04-21, 01:13 PM

Default Pegasus Badge

Thank you for your reply - I have been in further communication with the makers, and one reason for the high price is that these are made individually by hand.
The tooling (punch) has probably only enough life left for around 40 badges, so this is likely to be the last chance to obtain these as if a fresh punch were needed as well on top of the other costs......