Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum

Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum (http://www.bristolcars.info/forums/)
-   8 & 10 cyl Bristol cars (http://www.bristolcars.info/forums/8-10-cyl-bristol-cars/)
-   -   411 series 6 in Sydney Australia (http://www.bristolcars.info/forums/8-10-cyl-bristol-cars/1865-411-series-6-sydney-australia.html)

AlanD 29-12-20 05:04 AM

411 series 6 in Sydney Australia

A few weeks ago I left home and one block from me, parked outside a cafe was a beautiful 411 Series 6.
I got out to admire the car and the owner arrived and i had a chat with him for 10 minutes while he showed me around the car.
It was in the classic gunmetal grey colour with ox blood seats and red carpeting. It featured cream dials. The workmanship was faultless, even the detailing in the boot.
The owner thought it was original a series 5 car from around 1975 that was converted 2015.
The wheels were similar to a Blenheim but were larger being at least 17" if not 18', I did not look closely at the tires to read this unfortunately.
The engine bay had a modern engine of course, I did see the word mopar on one of the rocker covers. The owner thought the engine was a 5.2 but i would have thought it would have been a 5.9??

This example seems to have been given the full treatment in being up-graded to a series 6, it was a sight to behold.

All the best for 2021.

Regards

Alan David
Sydney

Geoff Dowdle 29-12-20 10:44 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Alan ,
The 411 Series 5 you saw was one of just a few cars upgraded to Series 6 .
It was imported into Sydney about 4 years ago with UK registered number "SXI 411".
The owner George lives in the Surrey Hills area .

You would be most welcome to attend any of the Bristol Owners Club of Australia meetings or events next year . In Sydney "pre Covid 19" we usually have a lunch meeting every two months and try to have a driving event on alternative months .
Most of the Bristols are 6 cylinder models as only one V8 engined car was imported new to Australia , with very few private imports of used cars.

Send me message if you want further details about BOCA .

Geoff

Maggan 31-12-20 07:48 AM

There is more information regarding this 411, from an article published in 2012, on the web page below:

Driven: Brabazon Motors 411

Xseries 01-01-21 02:08 PM

That car was the second Bristol 411 Series 5 from May 1975. She was under refurbishment at Patchway when Bristol went into administration. Brabazon finished it off and used it as a test bed before they too went into administration.
Brian

AlanD 03-01-21 05:54 AM

I would think perhaps only a handful of these cars were made or should i say up-graded.
The car in Sydney now has Blenheim style wheels now which i think must be 18 inches. Interesting the new owner lives in Surry Hills an inner-city
suburb of Sydney, this is where I live as well. Don't have a Bristol though!

I have always wanted a Blenheim Series 3 but I could be equally tempted with a 411 Series 6.

Happy New Year

Alan David

Geoff Dowdle 03-01-21 11:57 PM

AlanD,

From the information I can gather there seems to be only four 411 6 Series produced . One from S3 , one from S4 and two from S5 , but there could have been more.

What about a Britannia . There is one in the North Sydney area that is currently available ?

Geoff

Xseries 04-01-21 12:02 PM

The figure of 4 is similar to my understanding.

A Series 5 was completely rebuilt to Blenheim spec (car is in Holland). After building this car Bristol Cars Ltd came up with the idea to build more and called them the 411S6.

One was built by BCL before 2011 when 2 others and a 603 were in the pipeline to be rebuilt but the receivers arrived first. Brabazon seem to have finished one of those off and Bristol Cars another though I am not sure where the 603 ended.