Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum

Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum (http://www.bristolcars.info/forums/)
-   8 & 10 cyl Bristol cars (http://www.bristolcars.info/forums/8-10-cyl-bristol-cars/)
-   -   411 screen (http://www.bristolcars.info/forums/8-10-cyl-bristol-cars/1420-411-screen.html)

paul robert 13-01-17 08:38 PM

411 screen

Help!!!!

Driving the 411 from Kent to my place in germany I got hit by a piece of god knows what thrown up by some lorry which cracked the screen to beyond repair status.
Does any one know where to get a new one incl the rubber seal?
All help much appreciated.
Thanks
Paul

MTH 411 14-01-17 08:08 AM

BODA has sources for both the windscreen and seals. Contact details are at ...........org

Mike

Richard 14-01-17 09:33 AM

Paul,
I am sure you could get them from Bristol Cars. However they prefer screens to be collected as there are insurance problems sending them through the post.
Good luck
Richard

Kevin H 14-01-17 11:49 AM

I would also suggest contacting Bristol Cars.

Presumably your insurance will cover it? (I hope so, because they are expensive)

paul robert 14-01-17 03:43 PM

Thanks for the tips. All this happened last Thursday so I haven't even gotten around to speaking with the insurance people, and the moment I saw the crack I knew it was going to be expensive. I have written to BODA but as I'm not a member that may be an issue, probably have to join first.
The main problem will be getting it to Germany as I was not planning to drive the car back to the UK before summer.

Kevin H 14-01-17 11:56 PM

Paul,
I suggest you try contacting Pilkington, they now promote the fact that they supply glass for classic cars and they may have representatives in Germany

Classic Glass For Classic Cars

Or ACCS (Martin Barnes)
57-65 Randell's Road, London N1.
Tel 44(0)20-7278-9786

paul robert 15-01-17 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin H (Post 8723)
Paul,
I suggest you try contacting Pilkington, they now promote the fact that they supply glass for classic cars and they may have representatives in Germany

Classic Glass For Classic Cars

Or ACCS (Martin Barnes)
57-65 Randell's Road, London N1.
Tel 44(0)20-7278-9786

Thanks Kevin, very useful. will contact them tomorrow and update.
Paul

Richard 15-01-17 11:09 AM

Thats a good tip from Kevin. Pilkington do have a branch in Germany

Ein besonderer Service für Oldtimer-Fans!

Richard

paul robert 16-01-17 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard (Post 8725)
Thats a good tip from Kevin. Pilkington do have a branch in Germany

Ein besonderer Service für Oldtimer-Fans!

Richard

OK here is a quick update.
ACCS seems to have either moved or gone out of business. the tel nr is no longer in use.
Bristols have a (heated??) screen available but won't ship it. cost is around
£1200.
I spoke with the German branch of Pilkingtons called NSG. Very helpful indeed!
They do not have a screen in stock but will fabricate one which will take around 3 months. Cost is an astonishing € 395 excl. VAT.
Unless I hear from BODA with a quicker solution I'll go with NSG. Might be worth doing a few more if any one needs one.
Rubber seals is sold by metre (3 needed) at Bristol for around £ 18/ metre.
best
Paul

Richard 16-01-17 12:41 PM

I was interested in a 405 screen so I contacted Pilkington and they can supply them for 405 Euros excl. VAT. Manufacturing time/delivery is at least 3 months and it has to collected from one of their depots (of which there are several in Germany).
Quick response and a good offer!
Richard

Kevin H 16-01-17 01:35 PM

Paul and Richard,
This is good news for Bristol owners.

I know someone who spoke to Pilkington in Australia many years ago about buying a screen for a Bristol and was told that they were not able to supply them direct to the public due to an agreement with Bristol Cars. However, this was back in the day of Tony Crook, before Bristol was owned Kamcorp and before Pilkington was owned by NSG (Nippon Sheet Glass Co.)

Kevin

paul robert 16-01-17 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin H (Post 8729)
Paul and Richard,
This is good news for Bristol owners.

I know someone who spoke to Pilkington in Australia many years ago about buying a screen for a Bristol and was told that they were not able to supply them direct to the public due to an agreement with Bristol Cars. However, this was back in the day of Tony Crook, before Bristol was owned Kamcorp and before Pilkington was owned by NSG (Nippon Sheet Glass Co.)

Kevin

Good news indeed. For those interested the Pilkington list number for the 411 screen is SP0113 CL. They say it is the same screen as for the 412. Don't know about that.
P