Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum  

Go Back   Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum > Bristol Forums > 8 & 10 cyl Bristol cars

8 & 10 cyl Bristol cars Type 407 onwards - restoration, repair, maintenance etc

Window circuit breakers

Old 08-07-15, 01:30 AM

Default Window circuit breakers

Could someone tell me where the window circuit breakers are on a 1972 411?
Thank you.
Old 08-07-15, 04:33 AM

"circuit breakers" ?

If you mean relays, there aren't any. They are just wired straight to the switches!

Bristol weren't big on relays ;-)

I ended up re-wiring mine because the original wiring was quite thin and the bullet connectors were in poor condition.
Old 08-07-15, 03:04 PM

The wiring diagram I am looking at has four circuit breakers for the windows. There is an up and down for both the right and left side windows. I couldn't find anything around the fuse box area. Perhaps they are in the doors next to the motors. I didn't want to pull a door panel if not necessary.
Thank you.
Old 08-07-15, 10:46 PM

No circuit breakers on the 409 I have, but two fuses on the forward vertical face of the A pillar RHS. Yes, the wiring is none too good with its bullet connectors. Mike O
Old 09-07-15, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYTA21 View Post
No circuit breakers on the 409 I have, but two fuses on the forward vertical face of the A pillar RHS. Yes, the wiring is none too good with its bullet connectors. Mike O
That's where the fuses are on my 410 as well. However electric windows were optional on the 409 and 410 so a 1972 411 may well may be differently wired. The 411 also used a completely different mechanism for the windows I think. My 410 has a chain-driven Piper system that was also used on Bentleys, Astons and Gordon-Keebles.
Old 10-07-15, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardgray View Post
The wiring diagram I am looking at has four circuit breakers for the windows. There is an up and down for both the right and left side windows. I couldn't find anything around the fuse box area. Perhaps they are in the doors next to the motors. I didn't want to pull a door panel if not necessary.
Thank you.
I just checked the original wiring diagram issued by Bristol and there was in fact a relay fitted on the cars for the USA market (there was only a fuse for the UK market). No idea where that relay is.

There are however no "circuit breakers". Are you sure you are not mistaking the switches for circuit breakers? Or do you call a switch a "circuit breaker"?