View Single Post
Old 06-05-15, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Kingston View Post
Having just done a 284 mile round trip from Fishguard to Llandudno in North Wales to attend the Festival of Transport in my Bentley S2 I thought I would share my experience of the Winterburn unit on fuel consumption , compared to its last trip there this improved by 8% despite towing a bigger trailer tent this time compared to a much lighter camping trailer with tent two years ago.
At the rate the old girl drinks fuel however this worked out at about an extra mile per gal and a modest saving of about £10.50 on the trip, if the car was in regular use say 10000 miles p.a. and if my maths are right this would equate to a saving of over £367 in a year.
This is a bonus as the units were not bought with that in mind.
That's not bad at all Geoff. I had a Silver Cloud 3 that did around 12 to the gallon so any improvement would be worth having. The problem is that I used to do about 1,000 miles a year in it so it wasn't really worth changing it from that point of view.

Similarly a friend who had converted his TR8 to gas tried to get me to convert the Cloud but it would have taken decades to recoup that investment!