Thread: Question
View Single Post
Old 27-10-13, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald G. Stephenson View Post
There is much information to be gleaned here, and my specialty is the engines and transmissions, as all the vee-eights are essentially Chrysler Corporation engines that have been around for years. Some early small blocks were of Canadian/Chrysler manufacture and only differed in displacement. People on the site are 'regulars' and once in a while, we will get a novice or more than likely, a new owner. I agree with you that the sources for purchasing one are usually in the UK, and those of us who are in the U.S. must face the importing and shipping hassles.
You could be a useful chap then! My car has the Canadian 313 c.i. with cast iron Torqueflite. Essentially a 1957 Plymouth Belvedere unit. Sounds beautiful.

I'd say that the shipping and importing for a genuine vehicle to the US are no real barrier. Shipping from Liverpool or Southampton to either coast is incredibly cheap, less than a business classplane ticket for you or me. And so long as you aren't trying to import a Land Rover, I don't think there are any real problems with the border officials.