View Single Post
Old 11-08-13, 03:13 AM

Hi Paul,

FUEL TANK
You could pump/siphon most of the fuel out, but you will be very unlikely to get it all out that way, especially what's in the reserve section. But there's a drain plug!

Although the tank is essentially inside the car, behind the back seat, the fuel reserve section protrudes from the bottom of the tank and is accessible from underneath the car - and there's a drain plug there.

I can't find a photo from underneath the car, but I have attached a photo of the bottom of a tank removed from the car which shows what I am talking about.

If you look underneath the car you will find this located above the differential on the drivers side of the car (on a right hand drive car). It's normally painted black and will not doubt be caked in muck.

After draining the fuel tank completely using the drain plug, I would suggest putting the plug back in (it might have a fibre washer which needs replacing - I can't remember), then put a few litres of fresh fuel into the tank and drain that out again via the drain plug.

BATTERY
As for the battery, it's a standard car (or more likely 4 wheel drive) battery, you want something in the range of 750-800 CCA (Cold Cranking Amps).

If there is a battery in the car now, take that to a Halfords or similar so they can see the physical size of the battery, measure up the space.

The battery I just bought for my 411 measures in mm;
Length 306
Width 171
Height 201
Total Height (including terminals) 222

It uses standard terminals.

Make sure you get one with the positive terminal on the same side as the existing battery (likely to be on the left side looking at the front of the battery).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image05-2 (Medium).jpg (58.3 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by Kevin H; 11-08-13 at 04:40 AM.