Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum  

Go Back   Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum > Bristol Forums > 6 cyl Bristol cars

6 cyl Bristol cars Type 400 to 406 - restoration, repair, maintenance etc

Help needed please

Old 30-07-13, 10:08 AM

Default Help needed please

I have had a request from the author of a new book on Bristol cars, which will hopefully be published in the middle of next year. Many Bristol owners have supplied him with material so far. At the moment he is stuck for a specific item – reasonable quality digital copies of the dashboards for two models, with the features numbered ( keyed ) and the diagrams that accompany them with the explanations. These two items appear usually on a single page in the Drivers Instruction Manual. In the case of the 403 the relevant items appear on page 17. Unfortunately, my own copy of the 403 Manual is of too poor a quality, being a copy of a copy ( of a copy ? ).

The request is for a quality scan from the original Manual or similar original publication, the resolution to be as high as possible (2000pixels and 300dpi min). The models for which this is requested so far are the 401 and 403. I am assured by the author that Bristol Cars have given him permission to use material belonging to Bristol Cars Ltd, including publicity material and pictures in the forthcoming book.

Are there any members out there in possession of an original manual, handbook or other Bristol publication who could help ? If so, please contact Michael Palmer at michaelpalmer44@hotmail.co.uk Your help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

BTW, I have an assurance that a copy of the book will be donated to the Heritage Trust !

Dave Dale.
Old 30-07-13, 10:43 AM

I've sent images from the 401 handbook (my car is a 403, but I got a 401 handbook with it - I suspect they're much commoner) to Michael.
Hugh Miller