Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum  

Go Back   Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum > Bristol Forums > 6 cyl Bristol cars

6 cyl Bristol cars Type 400 to 406 - restoration, repair, maintenance etc

100 series cylinder head Engineering Drawings.

Old 21-03-10, 08:10 PM

Default 100 series cylinder head Engineering Drawings.

As a follow on to the recent posts about the possibility of producing reproduction engines or cylinder heads and blocks I now have a contact in China who is prepared to quote for a limited production run of 10 to 20 cylinder heads. In estimating the cost of the project especially the pattern making and machining part of the process he would prefer to work from a set of engineering drawings of the head. Somehow I can't see BCL loaning me a set even if they still have them and I was wondering if anyone has a set they would be prepared to copy and loan to me to see if production in China is a viable option compared to the UK. Alternatively does anyone know if it is possible to produce a set of drawings from an existing head without destroying it and someone who could do this, preferably in the UK if I have to supply the head to be copied.
Failing that I would be interested in purchasing two scrap 100 series heads that could be cut open as part of the pattern making process.
Geoff.
Old 24-10-10, 03:02 PM

Default 100 Cylinder head

Hope this helps
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Combustion Chamber001-1.jpg (149.7 KB, 144 views)
Old 24-10-10, 08:37 PM

Default 100 Cylinder head

Thank you Eric,
My partner is in China at the moment when she gets back we will send this to her college friend who has the engineering company and see what he thinks.
Kind regards,
Geoff.
Old 08-09-16, 08:39 AM

Default engineering drawings

Hello,

I have to rebuild a badly damaged head (welding etc.). Are there any further engineering drawings such as a cross-section where one can see how thick the material around the valve seats is?

regards,
Bernhard