Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum  

Go Back   Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum > Bristol Forums > 6 cyl Bristol cars

6 cyl Bristol cars Type 400 to 406 - restoration, repair, maintenance etc

Been reading the old forum

Old 13-08-20, 11:33 AM

Default Been reading the old forum

Hi Everyone
Been reading the old forum.

One thread that interested me was from 'Bobbyweaf' he posted a thread asking for a 'Crossover List' of Bristol parts that are used on other cars, his thread never recieved any replies.

But with a few year passing since his thread I thought it might be worth trying again.

A few threads have indicated that when a item includes the make Bristol on it, the price trebles, so finding some parts used on other cars like a Marina will help everyone and especially potential new owners like myself.

Area of interest are maybe Lucas, Dashboard, Interior
Old 13-08-20, 10:48 PM

Default Bristol-Lucas Parts catalogue for 412

The Bristol Owners Heritage Trust does have a thick handbook covering the electrical parts numbers and equivalents for the 412. We also have original wiring blueprints for 411-412.
At present they are locked away in the City of Bristol Archives with our other archives.
Once lockdpwn is over, and we have sorted out the Bristol Cars Ltd archives which we are determined to acquire, should someone like to arrange for this useful material to be scanned for sharing we could discuss arranging to get this done.
subject to copyright.

Stefan Cembrowicz