Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum  

Go Back   Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum > Bristol Forums > 6 cyl Bristol cars

6 cyl Bristol cars Type 400 to 406 - restoration, repair, maintenance etc

405 Quarter window and ventilator rubber seal

Old 10-10-16, 05:17 AM

Default 405 Quarter window and ventilator rubber seal

The Bristol 405 is now 61 years old and the seal for the front ventilator window and rear quarter window is no longer available either from Bristol Cars or elsewhere in UK, so due to need for the restoration of my 405, I have had some of this seal manufactured in 5 metre lengths which is enough for one car. It is made in EDPM rubber and absolutely first class quality guaranteed to replicate the original.
Should any 405 owner have a need for this important seal I can supply it at present in lengths to suit by contact with me by email: pnaleahy@bigpond.com
Old 18-10-16, 07:12 AM

Since posting the original details of the seal required for the front ventilator and rear quarter window, I have found that there is a further and different seal required for the closing edge of the glass of the front ventilator window against the door window frame. This latter seal is now being manufactured and I will now supply a complete kit of the seals required for both the front ventilator window and the rear quarter window for each 405 Bristol.

Just to cover production costs of the seals, I will now need to find 12 owners of the 405 who want this important kit!
Old 04-01-17, 11:15 AM

Default Last of the 405 Ventilator & Quarter window seals

4 January 2017 update.

I am now down to the very last available kit for repacement of these hitherto unavailable seals for the 405. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you want the last kit.

Thankyou to all members who ordered the front ventilator and rear quarter light window seal kits for the Bristol 405. Eleven kits have been sold, one kit now available.

Tags
405, front ventilator, quarter window, rubber seal