Thread: 411 Series VI
View Single Post
Old 12-11-08, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by browning l View Post
There may not be quite as much irony as you suggest. Isn't it true that in 2000, Silverton was just barely getting started at Bristol with Mr. Crook ...
Maybe irony isn't the right word. But can I can only image what Martin Buckley's reaction would have been when he read that recent Octane article.

When that letter appeared in March 2000 I think it was the first time many Bristol enthusiasts had even heard of Toby Silverton, at least in any association with Bristol.

At the time I think quite number of people considered the letter quite vitriolic, particularly given the good humoured nature of the article Martin Buckley had written. Indeed, I think many people felt that Mr Silverton had been to the TADC School Of Letter Writing!

If anyone should have been offended it should have been the BOC Members, of whom Buckley said "beards, dandruff and bow-ties is my memory".

Anyway, it sounds like hatchets have been buried because Martin Buckley recently interviewed Toby Silverton, on a visit to the showroom I believe. But he still didn't get a test drive! I think it would do Bristol considerably more good than harm to give Buckley a test drive of the 411 Series VI, I reckon he would love it!