View Single Post
Old 30-03-11, 12:41 AM

As much as I respect the engineers in the Bristol company, there is no way they could have designed a super car approaching the prestanda of the Bugatti.
It cost more money to develop that car than I imagine Bristol Cars total revenue since the beginning (Inflation adjusted) of the company.
The sum of UKP 30 million for developing the Fighter has been mentioned. That sum alone would hardly pay for the development and tooling for the front suspention of the Bugatti.

I have firsthand witnessed an owner of a Fighter discussing with the staff the possible location of a serious fuel leak in the vicinity of the fuel tank, on his brand new car.
An true enthusiast may accept such a potentially lethal fault, but if that happened to somebody else? Media disaster.

Have we heard of anybody achieving the topspeed in the Fighter, and keeping it for a few minutes??
I have not.

I believe that they should have developed a totally new car exterior wise, using a better engine and gearbox, maybe using one of the superb V8 from BMW or MB, with associated gearbox and diff.
The 603 derivation (Blenheim 3 you mean?) had an excellent suspention, chassis and interior.

Last edited by Janne; 30-03-11 at 12:50 AM.