View Single Post
Old 25-03-11, 05:24 PM
Banned

Default Anglophile seeking Bristol Project

Hello all! I am new to your site, and have been looking to purchase an old Bristol 408 or 409, hopefully in the U.S. to avoid the shipping expense. As most of you are aware, few Bristols exist in the U.S., and those few are seldom available for sale. I know of only one gentleman who hoards them, and is usually reluctant to part with any. I am hoping that perhaps some member may know someone over here who has a car they would be willing to sell. I am not fussy, having access to a number of skilled people who can do the necessary work to bring one back to standard. The few I have found have been restored to a high standard, and as expected, the asking prices are way beyond my means for a hobby car. Having been the Jaguar E-type route and 3 Aston Martins, I am now ready for something really rare, and seldom seen. I like the idea of the Chrysler power and Torqueflite transmission to simplify repairs and maintenence. Any and all advice and help would be greatly appreicated. My thanks in advance. Ron