View Single Post
Old 01-03-11, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREG View Post
I am not sure what the advertising policy is on this site ?

I have seen recommendations for Richard James, Colonel Spencer, ACCS , Bristol , BOC , BODA, Andrew Blow, Brian May, and a few others by people connected and not connected ! Most accepted by the webMASTER , and one or two not !!

At the bottom of the page ASDA insurance is advertised if anyone is interested :-)
Generally speaking I take a pretty dim view of people blatantly advertising their own or related commercial enterprises on this site, particularly when they don't even link back to this site from their own, nor do they contribute to the cost of operating the site. I am happy to consider reciprocal links.

I view genuine recommendations differently, when they are from an unrelated third party, such as a happy customer, but at the end of the day this isn't a democracy

I am a believer in give and take.

Over many years, Thor was a regular and meaningful contributor to the old BEEF mail list, which was the predecessor to this web based forum. He often gave out free engineering advice about Bristols and Landrovers, so I am happy if I can help him out by sending a bit of traffic his way. Here's a direct link to his site Welcome to JE Engineering | About Us

As for the ASDA link, they make a small contribution to the running costs of the site in exchange for the link.

BTW Greg, I have deleted the word (commission) from your post as I believe it was uncalled for in the context in which it was used.