View Single Post
Old 05-02-11, 01:14 PM

From what the photos show, that is a beautiful automobile...very classic, very classy.

I do wonder why, though, one so often sees such light colo(u)rs of leather in cars in the UK and Europe...as, in my experience, they show soil so badly, and, eventually, age cracks are so much more apparent.

This is just my private feeling, and I do hope I don't hurt anyone's feelings; even now I wish I had speced a darker shade of leather in my car Kentucky Red, 603 - see Albums, Bristols Seen, etc. If you look there, you'll see interior photos of KR after I had the armrests and sun visors re-covered in the same dark brown leather as used on the dash...leather from Bristol Cars, so as to make sure the colo(u)r was correct.

These photos show how my driver's seat is already showing soil after only a few years. Yes, it can be, and will be, cleaned up, but still...

Contrasting and complimentary colo(u)rs in the interior make a very appealing picture for me. I had done this first in an '03 Arnage - stunning.

Not to take the thread off topic, but seeing the very light colors in the Andrew Blow car set me off.